Frank A. Burke, M.D.
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons - March 1990
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - November 1990
- Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons - 1989
- Re-Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons - 1998
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine - 2006
Georgetown University, Graduated - 1981
Geisinger Medical Center, 1981 - 1982
Geisinger Medical Center, 1982-1986
- Bluegrass Orthopaedics
1986 - Present
3480 Yorkshire Medical Park
Lexington, KY 40509
- Saint Joseph Hospital East
150 North Eagle Creek Dr.
Lexington, KY 40509
- President, Medical Staff, 1998 - Present
- Chief, Department of Surgery, 1994 - 1996
- Chief, Division of Orthopaedics,1994 - Present
Kentucky, New Hampshire, Ohio
- 1991- Desert Storm-Triage coordinator, Orthopaedic Flight Surgeon, Andrews Air force Base, MD
- 1986-1989 - United States Air Force, Andrews Air force Base, MD Active Duty; Orthopaedic Flight Surgeon
- 1986- Present Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Herbert School of Medicine, Bethesda, MD Instructor ATLS Assistant Professor of Surgery Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD
- "Hoiimum Laser Arthroscopy", Central Baptist Hospital, August 1995, Lexington, KY
- "Autologous Chondroeyte Transplantation", Humana Hospital, September 1997, Lexington, KY
Wolfgang, G., Burke, F.A., "Long-term Follow-up of Displaced Olecranon Fractures", Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
- President, Medical Staff, Saint Joseph East Hospital, 1998- Present, Lexington, KY
- Chief, Department of Orthopaedics, Saint Joseph Hospital, 1995-1999, Lexington, KY
- Executive Committee Member, Fayette County Medical Society
- House of Delegates, Kentucky Medical Association
Research Experience-Bluegrass Orthopaedics
- March 2002-Present : Protocol AAI- 0903961, "A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Parallel. Group, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Diclofenac Prosorb Softgel 25 or 50mg in the Treatment of Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Pain"
- September 2001- Present:Protocol DPC 906-2001, "A Phase II, Randomized, Double -Blind, Active Controlled (Enoxaparin), Parallel Group, Dose- Response Study of DPC 906 for the Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis in Knee Replacement Surgery"
- June 2001-February 2002: Protocol 290 Exult Knee, "Optimization of Dose (Study A) and Confirmation of Safety and Efficacy (Study B) of H 376/95 Oral Direct Thrombin Inhibitor Compared to Warfarin (Coumadin) for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism Following Total Knee Arthroplasty (TKA)"
- March 2001-Present: Study of the Treatment of Articular Repair (STAR), "A Prospective Longitudinal Within Patient Evaluation of the Effectiveness (Durability) of Carticel (autologous cultured chondrocytes) Compared to Non-Carticel Surgical Treatment for Articular Cartilage Defects of the Knee"
- April 2000-August 2008: Protocol 236, "A Randomized, Double-Blind, Comparative Study of H376/95 and Warfarin (Coumadin) for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism Following Total Knee Arthroplasty"
- August 2001-February 2001: Protocol 237, "A Randomized, Double-Blind, Comparative Study of H376/95 and Enoxaparin for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism Following Total Hip Arthroplasty"
- September 1998-March 2000: Protocol 203, "A Dose-Finding, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of H376/95 Given Postoperatively as Prophylaxis for Thromboembolic Complications After Total Knee Replacement"
- March 1999-March 2000: Protocol 102-00, "A Randomized, Double-Blind, Multi-Center Study to Evaluate the Tolerability and Effectiveness of Rofecoxib (MK-0996) 25mg vs. Naproxen 500 mg b.i.d. in Patients with Osteoarthritis", phase IIIb
- November 1998-November 1999: Protocol SH-TPO-0804, "Dose-Ranging, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics H 376/95 Given Post Op as Prophylaxis for Thromboembolic Complications After Knee Replacement", phase II
- October 1998-October 1999: Protocol EFC2442, "A Multicenter, Multinational, Randomized Double-Blind Comparison of Subcutaneous SR90107A/ORG31540 with Enoxaparin in the Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Symptomatic Pulmonary Emoblism After Elective Hip Replacement or a Revision", phase III.
- October 1998-January, 1999: Protocol 095002, "A multicenter, Multinational, Randomized, Double-Blind Comparison of Subcutaneous SR90107A/ORG31540 with Enoxparin in the Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Symptomatic Pulmonary Embolism After Elective Major Knee Surgery or a Revision," phase III.
- September 1998-January 2000: Protocol N49-98-02-102, "Revised Clinical Protocol for a Multicenter, Double-Blind, Parallel Group Study Comparing the Incidence of Clinically Significant Upper Gastrointestinal Adverse Events Associated with SC58635 400mg BID to that of Diclofenac 75mg BID in Patients with Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis", phase II
- March 1998-March 2000: Protocol TH97-0903, "A Multicenter, Open-Label Study Evaluating the Safety and Tolerability of Tramadol Hydrochloride Controlled-Release Tablets in Patients with Chronic Pain"
- February 1998-March 1999: Protocol TH97-0109, "A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Tramadol Hydrochloride Controlled-Release Tablets vs. Ultram vs. Placebo in Patients with Chronic Back Pain"
- July 1997-March 1998: Protocol TH96-0401, "A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of 200 mg qd and 400 mg (2 x 200 mg) qd Doses of Tramadol Hydrochloride Controlled-Release 200 mg Tablets with Ultram 50 mg qid, 100 mg (2 x 50 mg) qid, and Placebo Over a 24 Hour Period in Patients with Post arthroscopic Surgery Knee Pain"
- March 1997-December 1997: Protocol SR 90107A/ORG 31540, "A Multicenter, Randomized, Parallel, Double-Blind, Dose Ranging Study of Subcutaneous SR With an Assessor Blind, Comparative Control Group of Subcutaneous LMWH in the Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis After Elective Total Hip Replacement"
- January 1997-April 1997: Protocol BTOX-145-8051, "A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel, Graduated-Dose Clinical Trial of BOTOX Purified Neurotoxin Complex for the Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain"
- March 1996-December 1997: Protocol 034-339-789, "Progression of Knee Osteoarthritis Assessed By Arthroscopy- A Multicenter, Randomized Double-Blind Comparison of Tenidap Sodium versus Piroxicam"
- March 1996-May 1997: Protocol EPO-AP02-474, "An Open-Label, Randomized, Parallel Group Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Procrit (Epoetin alfa) Administered Perioperatively and Autologous Predeposit to Reduce the Risk of Allogeneic Transfusion in Subjects Undergoing Major, Elective, Orthopedic Surgery"
- April 1995-July 1996: Protocol RP-54563Q-307, "A Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trail Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Prolonged Outpatient Enoxaparin and Placebo Therapies in the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolic Disease in Patients Undergoing Effective Primary Hip or Knee Replacement"
- December 1994-March 1995: Protocol RP-54563-610, "A Randomized, Open-Label, Parallel Group Comparison of the Safety and Efficacy of Lovenox (Enoxaparin) Injection vs. Adjusted Dose Warfarin (Coumadin) in the Prevention of Thromboembolic Disease Following Hip Replacement Surgery"
- March 2002-Present: Protocol AAI- 0903961, "A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Parallel. Group, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Diclofenac Prosorb Softgel 25 or 50mg in the Treatment of Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Pain"
- April 28, 2001 "Orthropaedic Issues in the Primary Care Setting-Shoulder-Current Concepts", Frank Burke, M.D. Presented by Bluegrass Orthopaedics & Saint Joseph Hospital.
- March 15, 2001 "Diagnosis and Treatment of Shoulder Pathology with Emphasis on Labral Injuries", Frank Burke, M.D. Hosted by Bluegrass Orthopaedics. Roundtable-Workers Compensation Issues, Kentucky Inn, Lexington, Kentucky
- July 27, 2000 "Diagnosing and Treating Shoulder Pain", Frank Burke, M.D. Return to Work Issues in Workers Compensation in Kentucky, Radisson Hotel, Lexington, Kentucky.
- May 26, 1999 "Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement", Frank Burke, M.D. Bluegrass Physical Therapy Senior's Day Health Fair, Lexington, Kentucky
- November 19, 1998 "Total Joint Replacement", Frank Burke, M.D. Saint Joseph Healthcare Elder Meds, Kentucky Inn, Lexington, Kentucky